sexta-feira, 31 de maio de 2013

Phrasal Verbs - Exercícios

Boa tarde!

Algumas semanas atrás, fizemos uma postagem sobre os Phrasal Verbs. Hoje vamos realizar alguns exercícios.



Complete the sentences.


passed away, do without, look forward to, called off,  made up, carried away, break out, run out, put up with, keep up.
  1. Don't smoke in the forest. Fires break out _______________ easily at this time of the year.
  2. I _______________ seeing my friends again.
  3. I'm afraid; we have _______________ of apple juice. Will an orange juice do?
  4. Your website has helped me a lot to _______________ the good work.
  5. A friend of mine has _______________ her wedding.
  6. His mother can't _______________ his terrible behavior anymore.
  7. As an excuse for being late, she _______________ a whole story.
  8. I got _______________ by his enthusiasm.
  9. I just cannot _______________ my mobile. I always keep it with me.
  10. she was very sad because her father _______________ last week.


Complete the phrasal verbs with the correct particles.

  1. I don't know where my book is. I must look _____ it.
  2. Fill _____ the form, please.
  3. The music is too loud. Could you turn _____ the volume, please?
  4. Quick, get _____ the bus or you'll have to walk home.
  5. Turn _____ the lights when you go to bed.
  6. Do you mind if I switch _____ the TV? I'd like to watch the news.
  7. The dinner was ruined. I had to throw it _____.
  8. When you enter the house, take _____ your shoes and put _____ your slippers.
  9. If you don't know this word, you can look it _____ in a dictionary.


Complete the phrasal verbs according to their meanings in brackets.

  1. _____________ your shoes. (Remove)
  2. Somebody has to _____________ the baby. (Take care of)
  3. She wants to _____________ the truth? (Discover)
  4. Where can I _____________!". the sweater? (See if it fits)
  5. _____________. (Be quick)
  6. Why don't you _____________ ? (Take a seat)
  7. I will _____________ the train now. (Enter)
  8. _____________ the word in a dictionary. (Consult a dictionary)
  9. I want to _____________ the form. (Complete)
  10. The firemen _____________ the fire. (Extinguish)


As respostas dos exercícios estão no primeiro comentário dessa postagem. 


Um comentário:

  1. RESPOSTAS

    Complete the sentences.

    1. Don't smoke in the forest. Fires break out easily at this time of the year.
    2. I look forward to seeing my friends again.
    3. I'm afraid; we have run out of apple juice. Will an orange juice do?
    4. Your website has helped me a lot to keep up the good work.
    5. A friend of mine has called off her wedding.
    6. His mother can't put up with his terrible behavior anymore.
    7. As an excuse for being late, she made up a whole story.
    8. I got carried away by his enthusiasm.
    9. I just cannot do without my mobile. I always keep it with me.
    10. she was very sad because her father passed away last week.


    Complete the phrasal verbs with the correct particles.

    1. I don't know where my book is. I must look for it.
    2. Fill in the form, please.
    3. The music is too loud. Could you turn down the volume, please?
    4. Quick, get on the bus or you'll have to walk home.
    5. Turn off the lights when you go to bed.
    6. Do you mind if I switch on the TV? I'd like to watch the news.
    7. The dinner was ruined. I had to throw it away.
    8. When you enter the house, take off your shoes and put away your slippers.
    9. If you don't know this word, you can look it up in a dictionary.


    Complete the phrasal verbs according to their meanings in brackets.

    1. Take off your shoes. (Remove)
    2. Somebody has to look after the baby. (Take care of)
    3. She wants to find out the truth? (Discover)
    4. Where can I try on !". the sweater? (See if it fits)
    5. Hurry up . (Be quick)
    6. Why don't you sit down ? (Take a seat)
    7. I will get on the train now. (Enter)
    8. Look up the word in a dictionary. (Consult a dictionary)
    9. I want to fill in the form. (Complete)
    10. The firemen put out the fire. (Extinguish)

    ResponderExcluir